You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
Types of Information We Collect
The following provides examples of the type of Personal Information that we collect from you for our purposes and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data|
|Account Registration||When you register for an account on our Site, we collect your name, and email address. We may also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account. If you choose to provide it, we may also collect information such as product and services preferences.||We use this information to provide account related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.|
|Site Behavior/Cookies||We use first party cookies and other methods to track site activity. See the Cookie section below for more information. We also use third party cookies and other methods to track site activity and disclose it with third parties.||First party cookies gather information so you can make a purchase. They are also used to provide you with a better shopping experience. Third party cookies gather information to engage in behavior-based advertising and capture website analytics.|
|Demographic Information||We may collect Personal Information, such as your age, location, and gender.||We use this information to comply with applicable laws, and to better understand our users and provide tailored services.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.||We use this information to understand how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We use this information in order to receive, and act upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Distance Information||When you use our Site, we may collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location and your distance from our retail location(s) that sells our products.||To understand our users and provide tailored services. In some contexts our use is also based upon your consent to provide us with geo location information.|
|Financial or Payment Information||We may collect payment information, such as your name and credit card, from you. However, Glik’s uses third party payment processors to complete the transactions, and only maintains the last four digits of your credit card number.||We use this information for processing or fulfilling orders and transactions through our third party payment processors.|
|Mobile Devices||We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device.||We use this information to identify unique visitors and understand how users interact with us on their mobile devices.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.||To share information about our products or services with you. We disclose information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information, as well as deliver coupons.|
|Social Media Information||We may collect, as a result of using third party social media plugins, widgets, or other tools, information related to your social media usage as it relates to our Site.||We may use this information to save your preferences if you chose to share products on our Site on Social Media or generate content that we are tagged in on your social media.|
|Ratings and Reviews||When you rate or review us or our products, we collect any information you provide as part of that rating or review.||We use this information to improve and provide feedback on products.|
|Sweepstakes or Contests||When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected. We also collect information from you when we offer sweepstakes or contests via social media.||We use this information to operate the sweepstakes. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter into our sweepstakes. By participating, you are automatically enrolled in our mailing lists. We also use this information to offer you contests or sweepstakes via social media.|
|Website Interactions||We use technology to monitor how you access and interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We use this information to understand how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.|
|Web Logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We use this information to monitor our networks and understand behavior patterns of visitors to our websites. This allows us to improve our browse and shopping experiences.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
Use and Processing of Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our Site or our retail locations(s);
- To provide products and services or to process returns;
- To improve our services and product offerings;
- To streamline the checkout process;
- To conduct analytics;
- To respond to inquiries related to support or other requests;
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions;
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships;
- To comply with legal obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim; and
- To provide and maintain the functionality of our Site, including identifying and repairing errors or problems.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our general interest in conducting our business.
Cookies and Other Information Collecting Technologies
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables a variety of features and functionality. We use first party cookies and other similar technologies to ensure everyone who uses our Site has the best possible experience. We also use them for marketing and advertising.
How are cookies used for advertising purposes? We use third party cookies and other ad technologies such as beacons, pixels, and tags to help us to cater ads to your interests. They also help us provide aggregated auditing, research, and reporting for advertisers and to understand and improve our products and services. Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. If you sign in as a registered user, we may use your user ID in combination with Google Universal Analytics and Google Analytics to track and analyze the pages you visit.
Controlling cookies. Most browsers allow you to control and erase cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you. Additionally, website users who do not want their data collected with Google Analytics can visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your browser: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We support the cross-industry Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) as well as the self-regulatory program of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). You may opt out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing personalized ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
Keep in mind that, if you opt out of interest-based advertising on our website, you may still see customized advertising displayed by advertising networks from which you have not opted out. In addition, your opt out will not prevent any advertising network from displaying advertising that is not customized to you and your interests and, consequently, may be less relevant to you. Please also note that you will need to make such choices on each browser and device you may use to visit our website.
Disclosing of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may disclose information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also disclose information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to disclose your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Compliance with Law or Other Legal Process. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also disclose your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public Forums. Our Site may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
- Service Providers. We disclose your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our Site, collect data for analysis purposes, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfilment of orders.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also disclose your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
We evaluate the following criteria in determining the minimum length of time that your Personal Information must be retained: (i) the purposes for which the data was collected; (ii) your reasonable expectations regarding the retention of your Personal Information; (iii) the risk associated with retaining your Personal Information; (iv) whether your Personal Information can be retained in another format (e.g., deidentified); and (v) legal obligations. Following the expiration of an applicable retention period, we may deidentify, aggregate, or anonymize data instead of deleting the data where permitted by applicable law.
Pursuant to applicable data protection laws, you can make the following choices regarding your Personal Information:
- Access to Your Personal Information. You may request access to your Personal Information by contacting us at the link below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the Personal Information that we have about you.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information. You may request that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us at the link below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- Promotional Emails. We send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as occasional targeted offers from third parties. You are automatically subscribed to these emails when you make a purchase or account with us. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with “NO GROUND MAIL” in the subject line along with your name, and address. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information, you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
Please address written requests and questions about your rights by following this link and completing the online web form: https://www.gliks.com/pages/privacy-requests. Or if you prefer to call us, please dial 1-888-914-9661 with the PIN number 067326 to submit a request.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, and details regarding your business relationship with us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete Personal Information about you in our files.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual you must attach a copy of the following information to the request:
- A completed Authorized Agent Designation Form or Power of Attorney indicating that you have authorization to act on the consumer’s behalf.
- If you are a business, proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
If we do not receive both pieces of information, the request will be denied.
How We Protect Personal Information
Protecting your Personal Information is important to us. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. While we work to protect your information, a breach may still happen. In the event of a breach that we are required by law to inform you of, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
If you choose to create an online account, you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Other Important Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Third Party Applications/Websites. Our website may include links to websites or applications that are owned or operated by third parties. Please note that any Personal Information that you provide to such third parties will be governed by their privacy policies, and we have no control over or responsibility for their privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website or application for details about what information is collected and how it is used and/or disclosed prior to providing any Personal Information.
- Children. Our Site is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We do not sell any information of children.
- Accessibility. If you are visually impaired, you may access this notice through your browser’s audio reader.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate contact information below. We will attempt to respond to your questions and provide you with additional privacy-related information. Any requests related to your Personal Information, please use the information above contained in the Your Choices section.
Mail: Attn: Privacy, The Glik Company, 25 ABC Parkway, Collinsville, IL 62234
Effective Date: 3/8/2022
Last Updated: 3/8/2022