Overpackers unite! Vacation season is among us, and we are sharing some of our favorite packing hacks with you. Most notably: the 5,4,3,2,1 packing method. Because you shouldn't have to compromise style to avoid an overweight bag fee at the airport! We'll also share some tips you can utilize for a more organized suitcase.
The 5,4,3,2,1 Capsule Method
Save space and time with this capsule method. A capsule wardrobe is a method of organizing multiple outfits based off a select capsule of your favorite items. Here's how you can achieve packing harmony with the 5,4,3,2,1 Method
(Featured styles: Blue Blush Shacket, Nature Back Tee, NikiBiki One Shoulder Brami, Blue Blush Sheer Ruffle Crop Top, Lelis Printed Bandana Crop Top)
Pack 5 Tops
May we suggest a t-shirt, a tank, a hoodie, and two of your favorite blouses. The key is a multitude of items, that are simple in their ability to match anything. Cover all your bases for whatever your trip may entail- you won't want to be stuck without something nice to wear or a t-shirt for the beach.
(Featured Styles: Levi's Jeans 501 High Rise Denim Shorts, Blue Blush Tennis Skirt, KanCan Jeans Double Fray Ankle Distressed Skinny Jeans, Thread and Supply Silversea Shorts)
Pack 4 Bottoms
We chose denim shorts, white jeans, a tennis skirt, and some lounge shorts. Stick to solids/simple patterns on these if you are looking save space- that way you can mix and match with almost any top.
(Featured Styles: Qupid Shoes Indigo Buckle Slides, J/Slides Mara Knit Sneakers, Soda Shoes Twist Slide Heels, Thin Strap Pattern Midi Slip Dress, Vero Moda Square Neck Puff Shoulder Dress, Fate Palm Tie Waist Romper
Pack 3 Shoes and 3 Dresses.
Depending on your plans, pack a heel, a sandal, and a sneaker. This will give you a shoe for whatever vacation brings from the airport to tours around the city. Again, keep them simple to match the rest of you capsule.
With Dresses- you can go all out! If you keep your shoes simple, a dress can be the star of the show. Dresses are a great way to save space in your luggage because it is an outfit that only requires one piece.
Pack 2 Swimsuits
Bringing a different swimsuit for every day is an easy way to crowd up a suitcase. It's more space (and cost friendly) to only bring two! Currently, our web store doesn't carry swimwear, but the following Glik's locations do: Edwardsville, Farmington, Olney, Sparta, Rockford, Fremont, Fenton, Cadillac, Manistee, Petoskey, Eagle River, Escanaba, Detroit Lakes, Minocqua, Hayward, Charlevoix, Grand Rapids, Carroll, Frankfort Rice Lake, Traverse City, Saugatuck, Grand Haven, Iron Mountain, Vincennes, Holland, Jasper, Ludington, South Haven, Grand Island, Kearney, St. Joseph, Gaylord, Marroon, Duluth.
(Featured Styles: CC Beanie Wide Brim Straw Hat, Goodr Obsidian Circle Sunglasses)
Pack 1 of Each of your Favorite Accessories
We appreciate and support a sunglasses addiction, however when luggage gets messy, you may lose track of all the cute pairs you brought. Focus on bringing one of each when it comes to hats, jewelry, and sunnies to save room.
- Shoes= Storage Space. Throw smaller items (undergarments, sunglasses, etc.) into your shoes for saved space.
- Roll thin garments like dresses and shirts and pack all garments vertically.
- Avoid spillage by putting plastic wrap on top of liquid products. (Don't let that expensive skincare go to waste!)
- Pack an extra tote bag to store dirty laundry. Bonus: as soon as you get home you can dump it in the washer. Cause who wants to sift through their suitcase as soon as they get home?
- Grab a travel wrinkle release spray- rolling and tight folding to save room can cause pesky wrinkles. Before you head out, grab a wrinkle releaser from your local drugstore.
- Wear your heaviest shoes to the airport to save space. This will probably be sneakers- which is the comfiest travel option anyways!