Okay, so it’s down to the wire, ONLY 4 more shoppable days til Christmas. Exciting, huh?
Maybe… for most of us,
BUT if you’re a true “Gifter” then you’re gifting is never quite complete until all of the stockings are SUPER stuffed (you even made a few extra…just in case), the bottoms of each of your (differently decorated) Christmas trees are spitting presents because they’re sooo full, and your credit card is maxed out (you will avoid the sight of that bill til AFTER the holidays).
Well, my philosophy is that…
- This season ONLY comes ONCE a year and let’s face it, the older you get, the less exciting “getting older” becomes. So spread the loving cheer, yo! #truestory
- Who doesn’t like to go EXTREME shopping? It’s not like you have to feel guilty about it… your shopping is an act of selflessness BECAUSE you’re purchasing items for OTHERS out of the “goodness” of your own happy heart. #gifter
- You’ve had ALL YEAR to save for this event, if you haven’t, then you have ALL OF NEXT YEAR to pay it off. #smarterthanyouraveragebear
- Who doesn’t LOVE the reaction kids get when they’re tearing apart the paper of a present. You KNOW you wish you could still behave that way… think of it “being” Christmas as an excuse to be a kid again (if only for a moment). #childhood #flashback
- There is one plain and simple truth that takes precedence over ALL other reasoning…
…It’s the fact that giving to others (in any form) is good for the soul.
In the words of Truman Capote, from A Christmas Memory–
“It’s bad enough in life to do without something YOU want; but confound it, what gets my goat is not being able to give somebody something you want THEM to have.”