Our family grew up talking about retail around the dinner table. After college, we worked for major retailers around the country. Then, with that experience under our belts, we came back home to Glik’s. Along with our buying team, we constantly scout the best vendors from New York to Los Angeles. Whether it is Silver Jeans, The North Face, Fox Racing, Southern Shirt Company, Flying Monkey Jeans or Alex and Ani, we make sure you get the latest looks as soon as they are available. And while we have grown into one of the nation’s largest privately-held stores, we have remained agile enough to turn ona dime to react to trends. Our mission is to bring you all this in a way that is warm, friendly and familiar.
Did you know?
- Glik’s is celebrating their 118th Anniversary.
- Our first store opened in 1897 in Madison, IL and was only 1000 square foot.
- Our Chairman, Joe Glik, is 89 years young and still comes to work every day. He helps out around the office and stores by interacting with associates and customers.
- We have 60+ stores and in the works of opening two new stores this month. One of the stores will open on October 16th in Sterling, IL and the other store will open on October 30th in Bemidji, MN.
- We have stores located in 9 different states.
(Missouri, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota,
Iowa, South Dakota and North Dakota)
- Michigan is our largest state with 18 stores.
- Glik’s corporate office and distribution center is located in Granite City, IL.
- 100 years ago, we were a department store that sold furniture, guns, and sleepwear. Now, were a specialty store that sells fast fashion and fill our stores with fashions daily.
- Glik’s won the Illinois Large Family Business of the
Year Award in 2013.
- Glik’s was ranked the 14th oldest retailer in
the United States.