Battle the heat this summer in your favorite cut off shorts and fashion forward sandals! There are TONS of styles to get excited about, but one constant you can count on is the gladiator sandal. This style can be dressed up with rhinestones and metallic straps or made casual with basic earthy colors. Whether they stop at your ankles or have a mid-calf fit, gladiator sandals are a great way to kick off the warm weather season.
We encourage you to get creative with your outfits this summer by adding a little boho charm to your sandals. You can make your own gladiator sandals with a simple pair of flip-flops and a fashion scarf.
What You Will Need for DIY Fashion Gladiator Sandals:
1. First, you will need to lay the scarf out and cut it long ways. I folded it in half and lined up the edges in order to cut the scarf in a straight line. This is the scarf that I used.
2. Take both pieces of the scarf and fold them in half.
It will loop around the toe post as shown above.
3. Fold the left side down to the right and the right side down to the left as pictured.
4. Twist the scarf and loop it around the straps of the flip flop until the strap is completely covered. Be sure to loop it up and under the strap.
5. Repeat steps on the other sandal. This is what they will look like after you are done. Now you can slip them on!
6. Cross the straps around the back of your ankles and tie off. You can twist the scarf to achieve different looks.
And because there is no sewing, gluing, or knot tying in the construction of this gladiator sandal, you can reuse all the materials however you see fit!
Check out our complete collection of red-hot sandal styles for this summer!