St. Patrick’s Day is one of our favorite times of the year, so what better way to celebrate than to whip up a tasty concoction to snack on? Whether you plan on making this Party Snack Mix with your little ones or need a snack to munch on with your Irish Brew, this St. Patrick’s Day snack will be a crowd pleaser! More importantly, this recipe is super easy and only requires a microwave and simple utensils to make!
You Will Need:
- Counter or Table Space
- Large Bowl for Mixing
- Microwave Safe Glass Bowl for Almond Bark
- Large Spoon
- Wax Paper
- Green Food Coloring
- Green Sprinkles
Ingredients For Party Snack Mix:
- 5 c. Chex Cereal
- 2 c. Mini Marshmallows
- 6 c. Popped Popcorn
- Small Bag of Pretzels
- 24 oz. Block of Almond Bark
- 2 c. Peanuts
- 2 c. Mini Reese’s Cups Cut in Halves
- 8 oz. Bag Mint M&M’s
This is your special mix, so feel free to adjust the quantity to suit your personal tastes. You can even spice it up and add other ingredients such as chocolate chips, raisins, or yogurt bites! Have FUN with it! Adapt this recipe to use on other holidays as well. Add pastel egg M&M’s for Easter, candy corn for Halloween, or peppermint for Christmas. The possibilities are endless!
Directions for Party Snack Mix:
1. Start out by popping the popcorn and measuring it out over a sheet of wax paper in a single layer.
2. Melt 1/3 of the Almond Bark in a glass bowl in the microwave. We recommend heating the bark in 30-second increments to avoid over heating.
3. When the Almond Bark is melted and smooth, drizzle the entire contents over the layer of popcorn evenly with a large spoon.
4. Immediately after you are done drizzling the Almond Bark over the popcorn, apply a layer of green sprinkles to the popcorn so it sticks. Set aside the popcorn to cool and harden.
5. Next, measure the Chex cereal and marshmallows into a large bowl and set aside.
6. Repeat step 2 and melt another 1/3 of the Almond Bark in the microwave.
7. Once the Almond Bark is melted and smooth, add 15-20 drops of green food coloring and stir until blended. This will start to stiffen the Almond Bark, so complete the next steps quickly.
8. Pour the green mixture over the top of the Chex cereal and marshmallows and stir with a spoon until it is evenly blended.
9. Pour the newly mixed Chex and marshmallow combination over a sheet of wax paper and spread out. Set aside the cereal mixture to cool and harden.
10. Repeat step 2 again and melt the last 1/3 of the Almond bark until it is melted and smooth.
11. Dip the pretzels into the Almond Bark and lay them on a new sheet of wax paper. Don’t worry about covering the entire pretzel before laying it down.
12. Coat the pretzels with your green sprinkles while the Almond Bark is still melted. Repeat until Almond Bark is gone.
13. Once the Almond Bark is cool and hardened, break up the popcorn and cereal mixtures and evenly layer them into your storage container. We started with the popcorn, cereal, and pretzels. We then added the peanuts, M&M’s, and Reese’s to the top since they are small and fall to the bottom easily.
Congratulations! You have successfully put together a yummy St. Patrick’s Day holiday treat for everyone! We are super impressed with your skills!