If you’re anything like me, the second you get invited to yet another holiday get-together, you start pondering what food you’re going to have to bring. The thought of having to actually cook/bake/make something that someone other than my husband will eat sends me into a minor panic. I’m the girl that forgot to add cheese to Buffalo Cheese Dip. The girl that didn’t realize you should drain the grease from hamburger meat before adding it to chili. When I say I can’t cook, I’m not just being modest. Even an easy dessert recipe can intimidate me.
However, I’m also constantly pinning recipes to my Pinterest boards with the belief that I’ll, one day, change my undomesticated ways. When a potluck for work popped up this week, I decided that attempting a no bake dessert should be simple enough even I could handle it. If it turned out horribly, I could always run to the grocery store and fool my coworkers with something from the bakery.
The easy recipe I found is for a No Bake Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Dip. This simple dessert only calls for 6 ingredients and doesn’t require a lot of time.
- One 8 oz. package cream cheese
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup powdered hot chocolate mix
- ¾ cup Cool Whip
- 2-3 candy canes (crushed)
You’ll also need these:
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Serving bowl and plate
Here’s all you do:
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt, marshmallow fluff, and hot chocolate mix. Beat again until fully mixed and fluffy.
- Fold in ½ cup of Cool Whip until fully mixed.
- Here, I transferred the dip from my mixing bowl to a nicer bowl for serving.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Voilà! This easy dessert recipe makes about 2 cups and can be served with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, mini cookies, pretzels, or practically any other sweet treat.