Hey guys and gals, Spring is just around the corner, with Summer close behind. That means sunshine, warm weather, and most fun of all, water activities! Whether you live on a sandy beach, have a boat docked on your nearest local lake, or get your recreational water sport kicks on the mighty Mississippi river, a man’s best friend in the water is a pair of great performance boardshorts!
It’s quite evident that Billabong shares our love of the water as shown by their super cool “Life is Better in Boardshorts,” 2012 campaign!
[vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/32123874 w=400&h=225]
Billabong’s humble beginning started when Gordon Merchant began producing handmade boardshorts with his wife Rena in 1973 from their house in Burleigh Point, Australia. This cherished tropical refuge of Gordon’s was a place where you could wear boardshorts all year round. Merchant, also a surfer himself, as well as, a board shaper, wanted to develop boardshorts that not only provided the best fit and quality, but could also withstand the various elements that surfers encountered while out in the water. His business found an instant following, the boardshorts being produced by the Merchants proved to possess amazing performance and resilience in the water, due to the triple-stitching technique developed by Gordon.
Now, fast-forward to 2012 where Billabong is an international company known and respected for its dealings in the boardsport industry. But, even through all its growth since 1973, Billabong continues to “keep it real,” and maintain its roots by continuing to uphold its commitment to global boardsports through event hosting and sponsoring industry athletes.
So, for Billabong, life really is better in boardshorts! What better way to prove this than with their Platinum X and Recycler Series. The really cool thing about the Recycler series is that the boardshorts are made from recycled PET bottles. So like, Billabong says “Innovation through performance and conservation.”
So, let’s meet Billabong’s Influence boardshort. This men’s striped boardshort packs all of the high-performance details you need into one style punch! And by style, we’re referencing the really cool screen print/color combo this short is donning!
The Billabong Men’s Influence boardshort features:
- Zero Gravity fabric, which is an exclusive Billabong fabric that uses Quad X Stretch (four-way stretch) to boost flexibility in all directions.
- H2 Repel, this technology forces water to bead off the surface of the fabric. This equals less rash/chaffing.
- Ergonomic Panels, for maximum stretch, any yoga instructor can’t compete with.
- Recycled ZG fabric, made with recycled PET bottles and saving the environment on pair of boardshorts at a time.
- Welded Seams, stretch 100% with the fabric, creating smooth, comfortable seams.
Also from Billabong is the Men’s Striker boardshort. This super functionally fun boardshort sports a horizontal multi stripe design, a solid contrast waistband, is scalloped and features side taping. It looks really cool in this mint, black and white color combo!
The Billabong Men’s Striker boardshort features:
- PX4- Hydrostretch
- Quad X Stretch (4-way mechanical stretch)
- H2 Repel, a moisture wicking finish that reduces water absorption and friction
- 100% Recycled Polyester
- 20” Performance Fit
- PX Infinity Weld, meaning less seams to maximize the fabric’s full stretch potential
Feel like “the Dude” in the Billabong Men’s Vantage Platinum X boardshort! The color combo of blue, aqua, yellow and black make the geometric print pattern really POP. The Billabong wave logo chilling on the left leg versus the horizontal striping on the right gives this boardshort it’s own style.
Not forgetting Billabong Men’s Vantage Platinum X boardshort’s awesome features:
- Made of Recycler Zero Gravity fabric, that is lightweight and preferred by athletes, because of it’s extreme flexibility and stretch.
- Part of the Recycler Series, boasting an 87% recycled polyester/ 13% spandex ratio, packing performance and conservation into each pair of boardshort.
- H2 Repel, moisture wicking to prevent chafing.
- Quad X Stretch (4-way stretch)
Love them like you love your dog, boardshorts are truly man’s best friend this summer. Glik’s is here to provide you with top-notch performance boardshorts for your active summer season! Be sure to visit us at gliks.com or any Glik’s store location nearest to you.